April 1

We rocked this day, and it still had its crazy moments. I suppose that's life as normal now?

It was a late-start day for Caleb, which meant that school started at 11:05 instead of 9:05. I was thankful not to have to rush to get him on the bus in time; instead, the kids watched Curious George while I made muffins. While the muffins baked, I took a shower. While the muffins cooled, we all got dressed for the day. Then we ate muffins and headed to the park to play before school started. It was lovely!

After we dropped Caleb off at school, the girls and I decided to head to the lake for a walk. I wrapped Eli on my chest, popped both girls in the BOB, and off we went.

I had no idea how windy it was.

It was hard work, and Eli got hungry, so we stopped at the beach and the girls played in the sand while I fed Eli. Then we turned around and headed back - straight into the wind. It was awful.

Daisy and I were thrilled when we had finished our walk! Lily, however, was just plain done.

We headed home for lunch and naps, and once again, I had a special nap time buddy. 

Isn't he sweet?

Much too soon, it was time to get Caleb off the bus. After dinner, I took Eli and we went shopping for a few things for Easter baskets. When we arrived at our first stop, I was just about to remove him from his car seat when he puked. Everywhere. All over himself, all over his car seat, down inside his car seat, and even onto the seat his car seat was strapped to. It was horrific, but I maintained my composure. I  attempted to change his clothes, only to find that his spare outfit was wet. Of course it was. With no other options, I put the damp outfit on Eli and we went shopping.

When we finished shopping, I prepared to buckle him into his seat, which was now soaked with spit up. But he smelled a little *off*, so I checked his diaper, which was totally filled with poop. Of course. But his spare diaper had also gotten wet when the spare outfit got wet, so the poor boy was left with a wet diaper and wet clothes and we still had another place to go.

At our second (and final!) stop, I thought we were good to go. I put Eli in the ring sling and we began shopping. It was just a few minutes before he began crying. Wailing. I tried everything I could think of to pacify him, but he was inconsolable. Finally, I did what I had to do: I turned him sideways in the ring sling, attempted to cover his head, and began nursing him. We finished our shopping and paid for our purchases that way, with nary a sideways glance. I can't believe it took me until the fourth child to realize how wonderful nursing in the ring sling is!

Now we're home, and Chris is wearing Eli while he does the dishes. What a good husband I have! Meanwhile, I'm relaxing because my FitBit tells me that I walked over 15,000 steps today. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment