April 16

Something must be wrong with me: I woke up, of my own volition, at 6:45 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.
It was weird, and it's been happening more and more frequently that I wake up before I actually need to be awake. It's totally uncharacteristic of me. Today my Fitbit told me that I slept for 5 straight hours last night, which is HUGE. Maybe that explains the early waking today. Whatever the reason, it was good that I was up early because today was Thursday, which meant that Caleb had school, Daisy had preschool, and the rest of us had MOPS. That makes for a busy morning! While we were getting ready, I spied Caleb reading a book we picked up at the library last night.
He actually read the book, start to finish, all by himself. Seeing my boy read still blows my mind. I told him today that now that he can read, he can do anything! I'm so proud of how far he has come in school this year.

After school and MOPS and lunch and the girls were finally down for their naps, I took a few pictures of my sweet boy. He seems to be feeling better, and has been very smiley and social lately.

Well hey there, handsome! Most of the time I can only capture these squishy half-face smiles with my camera. They are really funny, but not nearly as sweet as his whole-face smiles..

I still can't believe how chubby he's getting! He was 11 weeks old yesterday, and he is getting close to outgrowing his 0-3 month clothes already, at least for length. Not too shabby!

Of the pictures I took, this one looks most like the little boy I see all day. His new hair is growing in, and currently is soft, fuzzy, and sticks straight up. The girls and I love nuzzling his fuzzy head!

No comments:

Post a Comment