April 21

Today went so smoothly, aside from the part where Eli would only nap if I held him.
And the part where my throat started hurting really, really badly.
And the part where I was probably on my leg way too much.
And the part where the kids flat-out refused to eat the delicious meal my friend brought over tonight.
But aside from that, it was great!

Our neighbor took Caleb to the bus again, and Chris' mom came over to pick Daisy up and take her to preschool. Daisy thought it was pretty cool that she got to ride in a new car seat in Grandmother's car! It was so strange for me to be home with just the two kiddos, but we adapted. My sister Jenny came over around 11:30, and just after noon Chris' mom returned with Daisy.  After lunch, it was time for naps. I asked Jenny to hold Eli while I put Lily down for her nap, and as an afterthought, I warmed up a bottle of breast milk just in case Eli got hungry.

It wasn't until I was putting Lily down that I began to wonder when the last time was that Jenny had fed a baby a bottle. Apparently feeding a baby a bottle is like riding a bicycle, though, because I emerged from Lily's room to find this:
Eli was happy as a clam, and he downed that bottle. Way to go, Jenny!

I had Eli with me when I woke Daisy up from her nap, and she was so excited when I asked if she wanted to snuggle him. Eli, however, was only mildly entertained.

Caleb came home from school with proofs from his spring pictures. I was under the impression that the spring pictures were just a class photo, and nothing more, so I let  him wear whatever he wanted.

It turns out that spring pictures are kind of a big deal! However, I totally don't regret letting him wear last year's plaid Easter shirt, this year's seersucker Easter vest and floral bowtie, khaki shorts, blue socks, and navy shoes. He thought he looked fantastic, and that makes me so happy. I love that I take enough great pictures of him that things like spring pictures don't matter so much. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order some prints of this, just because it's so funny.

Also, this happened at bedtime. I only had my cell phone handy (darn gimp leg kept me from running for my big camera), but I thought it was cute. It reminded me of this one of Daisy, when she was just over one month old:


And there's also this one of Lily, when she was just shy of one month old:

Babies + baby dolls just make me giggle.

1 comment:

  1. Yes that photo of Caleb is so funny and cute! Aaah and the doll pics are ridiculously adorable!

    ReplyDelete