April 2

Today was a whirlwind! Before 9 am, I fed the kids, clothed the kids, got myself dressed (a major feat these days!), pumped, drank coffee, put laundry in the dryer, got Caleb on the bus, re-assembled Eli's car seat, which had to be removed and disassembled in order to wash the cover due to the epic car puking episode last night, loaded the three remaining kids in the car, dropped Daisy off at preschool, and headed to MOPS.
*whew*
Just typing that was exhausting! But we did it, and MOPS was a lovely break. I am so blessed to have a group of mamas there who know me and love me and are willing to listen to me complain. It's wonderful.

It rained all morning, but thankfully the rain stopped just in time for me to leave MOPS and pick Daisy up from preschool. After lunch, as always, was naptime.

Isn't he sweet? 

Once I got him to sleep, I snuck off to work on the boys' Easter bow ties and watch some crappy daytime TV. The TV warned me that storms were coming, and they were right! As Lily and I walked to the bus stop, it began sprinkling. Luckily, the real rain held off until we had collected Caleb and were back home. 

The kids and I played on the front porch and watched the storm roll in - our first porch thunderstorm of the season! 
Daisy, Eli and I snuggled on the swing while Caleb and Lily played.

Then Daisy hopped down and Lily climbed up, but she didn't want her picture taken. We compromised by making grouchy faces at the camera.

Lily noticed Caleb in the background of one of our pictures, and then she desperately wanted to take a picture with him. She really loves her "bubba"!

Then the kids were so cute playing that I ran in to grab my big camera, despite the fact that I had Eli nursing in the ring sling.

This was after Lily fell in the puddle and got herself totally wet. She didn't mind at all! Caleb was working diligently to color the ground under the puddle so that it looked like the water was a different color. Or maybe he was dissolving the chalk in the water, so that it really was a different color. I'm not sure.

Splashing! Each of our children has enjoyed splashing in this little sunken spot in our driveway. It's kind of funny how they all find it on their own!

Warm, humid weather = Daisy's curls are back. Hooray!

This was what made me get the big camera. It was my view from the porch swing as I nursed Eli, and it made my heart happy. These kids were thrilled to be playing in the rain together!

Eventually I convinced Lily to let me put dry pants on her, and she swapped out the wet jacket for her rain coat.

This girl. She was totally posing for me. With poses like that, I think she's ready for a modeling career!

1 comment: