April 18

My leg is still broken. I did my best to stay off of it today, and that meant that Chris did the grocery shopping, put the girls down for naps, made dinner, did bedtime... He is now the mom of the house. I'm trying not to do too much, and the pain in my leg makes it easier to do that. Luckily, my doctor called in a prescription for some pain medication for me, so hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight.

One happy thing today was that Chris' Aunt Maggie was in town! She stopped by for a brief visit, and the children all instantly remembered why they love her so much. She was keenly interested in everything Caleb had to say, which made him feel so important. I think he's missing that in his life, because most of his grown-ups (myself included) get tired of hearing him explain all of the features of his new Lego creation. But not Aunt Maggie.

Eli must have loved her, too, because he snuggled and snoozed in Maggie's arms for much of her visit.


Also today, we managed to line up one neighbor to take Caleb to the bus stop each morning, one neighbor to bring him home, and Chris' mom agreed to take Daisy to and from preschool this week. My sweet friend Jill organized a meal train for us, so friends are bringing meals most nights this week. It is so hard for me to ask for help, but such a relief to know that help is coming. I am thankful to have "people".

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are getting help - you deserve it! Also just noticed the new blog name, love it! I still have it bookmarked as One Caleb a Day, which makes me feel like we go way back (which I guess we kind of do)! 😉

    ReplyDelete