April 29

Yep. Kids are definitely going stir-crazy. The girls and I had a chiropractor appointment this morning, and I'm still not quite up to loading three children into and out of their car seats in the van by myself. Thankfully, Chris has a late night of work events planned, so he was willing to go into work a little bit late this morning so that he could be my personal assistant.

The whole way home from the chiropractor, Daisy kept asking,
"There's a park near here. Can we go to the park?"
"How about a different park?"
"Can someone take us to the Butterfly House?"
"Please? Can we call someone and ask them to take us to the Butterfly House?"

I repeatedly told her that my leg is broken and I have to rest it so I can't even take her to a park, but Daisy just didn't want to hear that. Poor girl. I don't blame her. (Side note: if anyone wants to come take Daisy and Lily on an adventure, or even just Daisy, I have extra car seats. Heck, I'd even loan you my van!)

Chris went off to work, and I spent a good chunk of the morning calling medical supply companies, trying to find one that is in-network with my insurance and sells breast pumps. After two children and countless hours of pumping and thousands of ounces of milk, most of which I donated, my trusty pump is about done. Luckily, Obamacare mandates that insurance companies provide breast pumps at no cost. So I spent my morning trying to hunt down one of those free breast pumps.
I found a list of in-network durable medical goods providers, and started calling. In one hour, I called at least 10 companies, and only found one company that did pumps. After the girls went down for naps, I resumed my search. All told, I:
called 31 companies
called my insurance company
called my insurance benefits management company
called two online providers, who turned out to be out of network
found 6 local companies who provide breast pumps
found 1 local company that provides a breast pump I might be interested in
learned I need a prescription from my doctor to get a breast pump
still don't have a pump

whomp, whomp. 

But I think I know how to get one now. It's just a matter of when. I hate that health insurance is so complicated and frustrating, but I'm so thankful to have it.

Chris was gone for dinner, but my sweet friend Liz brought us a delicious meal, so at least I didn't have to cook. I did, however, have to hold Eli for the entire meal.

Dinnertime selfie. Babywearing FTW.

We had just managed to finish dinner and get jammies on when my mom arrived after her shift at work. She helped me get all the kids to bed, even this one: 
He totally didn't stay asleep, though. As I type, he is sleeping peacefully in the ring sling. I'm hoping I can set him down long enough to tidy a few things up, but... I have a broken leg. I really should rest it, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment