April 14

It's late and I want to go to bed, so I'll be brief.
Lily was waking up from her nap just as Caleb got home from school. She refused to get out of her crib, so Caleb climbed right in. Lily was delighted.

Lately, Caleb keeps pestering me for screen time after he gets home from school. Sometimes I let him, but usually I don't. When I say know, he bugs me for ideas about what he should do. I always have lots of good ideas, but none of them involve screens, so he doesn't like them. Today I just told him to find something to do, and minutes later I found my boy sitting on the couch, reading his Superhero Bible. It's a NIV Bible that emphasizes all of the heroes in the Bible, highlighting some of the most exciting with full page color illustrations. He loves it.

No good pictures of Eli today; only a crummy, grainy cell phone picture. I spent two hours nursing and snuggling him this evening, and he refused to go to sleep or be content. Then he spit up all over me, but I'm learning how to keep the mess contained so that he and I bear the brunt of it and I don't have to change the sheets. Then he rested on my chest until he finally fell asleep.

My mom gave us Cardinals-themed cupcakes topped with baseball rings to celebrate Opening Day yesterday. Lily decided that her ring was a pacifier. Girl wouldn't take a paci when I wanted her to, but now she will? Toddlers are ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment