April 13

Eli made sure that on this Do-Nothing Monday, I was able to do absolutely nothing. He insisted on being held and nursed most of the day. Aside from a brief nap around lunchtime, he only slept if I was holding or wearing him. No matter how soundly he was sleeping, the moment I set him down he was wide awake and MAD. Poor kid; he must be feeling terrible. 

Poor me; I'm feeling exhausted and terrible. Sick Eli + the cold that's making my voice sound like a frog + a nasty cough + seasonal allergies = yuck. Add to that the fact that Eli "spit up" all over the bed this morning, so that I had to wash all of the sheets and blankets (again), and then he "spit up" all over me as I sat down to eat dinner. By that point, I was so worn down that I chose to sit there in the mess and finish my meal as well as I could, then give him a bath and clean myself up. I say "spit up" because it's a whole lot of spit up. I really want to call it puke, but I don't know what the difference is. Whether it's spit up or vomit, though, it's totally demoralizing and I'm so tired of it.

But today was the Cardinals Home Opener, so the kids all wore their Cardinals  best.

 I even broke out the baseball diaper for Eli, but he wasn't very happy about being photographed in it. Really, though, that's what he looked like almost every time I tried to set him down. 

Once I put clothes on him, he was much happier. Lily refused to be in the picture, though.
This picture of Eli totally blows my mind because he looks like a real baby. I know that's silly to say, but for the first 6-8 weeks, he looked like a newborn and was sleeping all the time. Now he's chubby and alert and seems like... a real baby!

Once Lily saw me taking pictures of Daisy and Eli, she got jealous and wanted Eli for herself. I'm not sure she realized that Daisy was in this picture, too, or she would have gotten mad.

Lily insisted on wearing a skirt and Daisy's bunny slippers with her Cardinals shirt. And that look on her face? I'm so glad I finally captured it, even if the photo quality is crummy. We call it her "mischievous face" because she only makes this face when she's bored and wandering around the house, looking for some kind of mischief to make. She furrows her little brow, sticks her lower lip out, and starts looking for some kind of havoc to wreak. It's hilarious, and even Daisy and Caleb refer to her "mischievous face". 
(Side note: one awful thing Caleb picked up at school is the mispronunciation of the word "mischievous". He has said the word correctly for a long time, and one day he said "mis-chee-vee-us" instead, and I about lost it. After some serious work on my part, he now knows that "mis-chee-vee-us" is kind of like Santa Claus: people believe it and think they're right, but they're wrong. It's rude to correct them, though, so you just smile and go on your merry way, knowing that you know the truth.)

When Caleb came home from school, I managed to snap a picture of all four kids in their Cardinals gear. It's not the best picture, but it will do.

And now guess who's hungry again? Let's hope for no more "spit up" tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment