May 3

Well.
Sweet Miss Lily got sick last night. She threw up at 9:30, and again at 10:30, then fell asleep in her Daddy's arms, where she stayed until she woke up hungry at 1:30 this morning.

And then she was fine.

I have no explanation for any of it. I'm just thankful she's no longer sick, and I'm praying no one else gets whatever she had! So this morning, I stayed home with a ready-to-nap Lily while Chris took the big kids to a brand-new farmer's market nearby, then to tumbling class.

Daisy returned to tell me about this experience at the farmer's market:

Later, they all played on the front porch while we waited for Chris to come home from the hardware store.
I know it's totally normal, but it still blows my mind to see Lily doing pre-crawling things. I'm not exaggerating when I say that Caleb and Daisy never did this; both of them were scooting at this point, instead of preparing to crawl. Weird.

Pink shirt.
Pink pants.
Pink shoes.

She's at the stage where an outfit needs to be all the same color for it to "match".

Meanwhile, Caleb and I nearly came to blows this morning over his outfit. He wanted to wear shorts and a muscle shirt to tumbling; because they were going to a farmer's market first, I insisted on a hoodie and pants over the shorts, or just pants and no shorts. 

He balked at the pants part.

In the end, I won, but it was not pretty. We're having encounters like this more and more frequently, and I'm not handling them well. It's all so foreign to me! 
But there he is, much later in the day, when it was much warmer, wearing his muscle shirt and shorts.
I'm going to choose to focus instead on the fact that all three of my children are playing happily in the same space.

Do you see Lily's hilarious little ponytail? I took her grocery shopping with me while the big kids napped, and she got so many comments. It was fun.

Caleb informed me, "I'm writing 'No bad guys allowed!'"

And he was! 
Do you see the frowning, angry bad guy with a circle and slash through him? I laughed pretty hard.

Daisy, vying for attention, called to me, "I love this sign! I really love this sign!"

"Do you want me to take a picture of you with the sign?" 
"Yes!"

Then our friend Landon, who lives up the street, came by with his mom, sister, and new pet frog, Phillip.

Caleb was simultaneously fascinated,

and terrified. I can tell from his body language that as Landon is touching the frog, Caleb is concerned about how messy and gross Landon's hands are getting. Caleb is clearly very nervous about the situation!

Then Chris grilled dinner, and we ate on the deck. We even grilled some fresh peaches for dessert, and topped each one with a square of chocolate. Daisy really enjoyed that chocolate.

And then it was time for baths and bed, and one last photo of Daisy as a two-year-old. 
She's definitely the cutest two-year-old there ever was!

"Two!"

She's still working on holding up three fingers - it takes a lot of concentration!

No comments:

Post a Comment