May 17

I only picked up my big camera once today, when Chris was reading to Lily while the big kids napped.


I promise I wasn't just being lazy; we were actually very productive. 
First, Caleb and Daisy had tumbling class this morning, and I was shocked and delighted by how bold they were and how much fun they had. In previous classes, they were timid and hesitant to try things, but today they jumped right in and did great!
Here are some crummy cell phone pictures:
Daisy rocked the balance beam. (See me in the mirror? Hi!)

Caleb even walked backwards on the beam!

On our way out, we stopped at the birthday cake there for a quick picture. This is cake number... five? No, it's six. Six cakes out of 250 is 2.4 percent, and we're almost halfway through the year. I think we'll have to pick up the pace of our cake-hunting a little bit! (Side note: I've started tagging the posts with STL250 cakes. At the end of this post, you'll see a link for "STL250". If you click on it,  you can see all of our cake posts in one place!)

While the kids tumbled, Chris worked on the dining room. I think things are finally moving along, which is good because our goal is to finish by June 1. That gives us 2.5 more weekends, which I think is do-able. 

After tumbling, Amber and little Drew came over to play. Then the big kids napped and Lily and I went grocery shopping. Then Lily napped and I prepped dinner and put the last coat (hopefully!) of mud on the walls and ceiling. Chris grilled dinner while I mudded, and after dinner it was bedtime and bathtime and suddenly it's 10:30. Sheesh.

So that's why I only have one crummy picture from my big camera today.

No comments:

Post a Comment