May 19

Yesterday, I wrote that I'd be trying to keep posts light this week so that I could work on house projects. 
I think I'll start that tomorrow.

Instead of celebrating Do-Nothing Monday today, I promised Caleb we could go to the Garden. He starts "practice kindergarten" in two weeks, and it's all morning, all week, which means that he'll have to miss out on our fun morning adventures. And then he has a month and a half off before he starts school, and there will be no adventures, ever. I think that's the part of kindergarten I'm most upset about; our whole way of life is coming to an end, and it makes me sad.

So today we went to the Garden, and when he asked if he could bring his light saber in, I said yes.

Our must-see spots at the garden include:
the fountain
Sassy Girl
Henry Shaw's mausoleum (Daisy likes to peek in the windows at the sculpture of  the deceased Mr. Shaw)
the Japanese Garden (and koi fish within)
Dr. George Washington Carver
the raccoons
the sheep
the angels and onion balls

If it's a really great day, we'll visit the Children's Garden, too, but we didn't have time for that today.

I think I've decided that the English Woodland Garden is my favorite spot at the Botanical Garden. It's shady and cool, with meandering paths and a creek that is crossed by several bridges. Caleb really enjoyed dangling his legs over the edge of the bridge. (Hmm... wonder if Security Guard Grandpa would approve?)

Then we went to feed the fish. As Caleb and Daisy fed the koi fish, I noticed Lily straining against her stroller straps. She wanted to see the fish, too! So I popped her out and let her watch the fish. She's still a little bit young to feed them (she'd probably just eat the fish food!), but she enjoyed standing between her brother and sister and watching.

What a big girl!

Daisy climbed onto a big sheep all by herself, and she was so pleased!

Jedi Master Caleb (as he prefers to be called these days) wielded his light saber while he rode a sheep. I gave him strict rules about taking a light saber into the Garden: don't touch people, plants, or things with it, or I will take it away. He obeyed very well.

The last time we saw this cake, Caleb refused to be photographed with it. Today, he insisted that I photograph him with it!

Amazingly, all three children were awake when we got home. I got them down for naps, but naps didn't last nearly long enough. Luckily, I had some time to take pictures of Lily, because it's her 10-month birthday today!

Lily is wearing a romper that was Daisy's, and is sitting on a blanket that came from my grandma (my mom's mom). She's clearly unimpressed, and more focused on figuring out how to crawl or stand or something.

This picture? Pure Lily. Sweet, silly, and slightly mischievous.

Hi, cutie pie!
(Caleb was behind me, making silly noises.)

We see this look a lot. It's a curious, focused Lily.

And this is a girl who is laughing at her brother.

I know. It kills me. She was playing peek-a-boo with her blanket.

Then I tried something different with her hair, and it was too funny not to share.

Lily's 10-month stats:
Happy 10-month birthday, Lily!

1 comment:

  1. um, nothing could be cuter than that lacy, mint green outfit! OMG so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete