May 2

Daisy had her three-year checkup today (at our doctor's new office - hooray! I know some of you are curious; it was lovely! It's both very similar and very different from the old location...) and it went quite well.

My major concerns before the appointment were Daisy's growth (specifically her weight), her iron levels, and some vaccination issues (I enrolled her for preschool in the fall, and the school nurse informed me that Daisy is "noncompliant" for two vaccines... whomp whomp...).

BUT. Daisy clocked in at 26.6 pounds, and 36.5 inches. Girl is 11th percentile for weight and 30th percentile for height! Praise the LORD! A year and a half ago Daisy was sick all the time and had fallen off the growth charts for weight. We had just failed GAPS intro, we were struggling to wrap our minds around our new diet/lifestyle, and we were desperately praying that it would be worth it. Fast forward to now, and I can say it definitely was worth it. Daisy's weak immune system is now totally normal, she is solidly on the growth charts, and we have all reaped benefits from the way we eat. I might have cried a little bit.

As for the iron levels and vaccines, after talking things through with our doctor, I think we're in great shape. It is such a blessing to have a doctor who respects me as a parent, who is willing to talk through issues and examine options with me, who is willing to admit she doesn't know something and look it up on the spot to find answers. I am so thankful.

I'm also thankful for my mom, who watched Caleb and Lily so that Daisy and I could visit the doctor alone, and I'm thankful that all three children napped at the same time, allowing me a brief rest. It was beautiful.

Also beautiful? This girl in her darling new hand-me-downs from MOPS friends.
Hi, sweet Lily!

I loved this picture until I looked at it carefully and realized the hazard of using my camera lens at the extreme end of its range: major lens distortion... 
Lily kind of looks like one of the trolls in Frozen, doesn't she?
Bulda-the-troll
I'm right, aren't I?
It's okay; you can tell me. I'm pretty sure I'm right. Thankfully, I don't think she always looks like that. It's just the lens distortion.

After I realized my baby looks like a troll, we had an impromptu after-dinner dance party in the kitchen. 
It was SO. MUCH. FUN.

Happy, happy children with their tutus and ribbon dancers.
This is what we danced to. Be prepared to turn it up loud and get up and dance! If you have children nearby, be prepared to play it over and over and over and over. The song is so much fun, but much too short.


Even Lily danced! She was wiggling and laughing and so happy to be doing what her big sibs were doing!

Oh, Daisy. With her crazy hair, favorite Gorilla Grodd t-shirt, sloppy tutu, comfy pants, one missing sock, and bright, sparkling eyes... I love that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment