September 7

Chris and the kids and I were out on the deck this morning, the children collecting acorns and me collecting veggies from my garden (my first real tomato, a handful of sun-sweet tomatoes, and nearly a cucumber but it wasn't quite ripe), when I had an idea. It was a beautiful morning; we should go play at the lake nearby!

So we did. I packed a lunch, Chris packed the shovels and pails, and we were off. It was a great decision.
Chris has found a perfect play spot at the lake, where it's not too crowded, the sand is perfect, and there's plenty of shade. I heartily approve.

Lily approved, too. She was pretty content to bask on the blanket in the dappled shade.

Hi, sweet girl!
(Daisy chose the tie dye today. She really enjoys picking out her sister's outfits!)

We saw lots of rowers today (Daisy calls them "rowboats") and the kids waved excitedly each time they went past.

Such a big boy!

That hair is uncontrollable! Actually, it's very easy to control with a little clip or elastic, but Daisy only allows it 30% of the time. 

Chris took a break from playing with the big kids to come play with Lily.

She was pretty excited about that.

And then he rocked her to sleep.

What a good daddy!

Finally, it was time for lunch and then home for naps.
He looks worn out, doesn't he? He was whining and fussing and I couldn't figure out why, until I realized that he had gone to bed after 10 pm the night before (the Cardinals game, remember?) and still woken up at 6 am. He was tired!  I couldn't believe it took me so long to piece it together.

This girl was still feeling perky, though. Here, she's showing you a piece of pineapple that was on her leftover gluten-free pizza that was lunch today. 
Such a fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment