September 4

This morning, Caleb asked me when MOPS starts again. When I told him that it starts tomorrow, but he won't be going because he will be at preschool, he nearly lost it. Once he had regained his composure, he asked if we could go on a playdate. I looked at our MOPS calendar and told him that our next non-Thursday playdate was in two weeks, but that wasn't soon enough for him. He wanted a playdate NOW!

Because it was later in the morning and most of our friends were busy, I convinced him that we could go on an adventure instead. So we packed a lunch, hopped in the car, and checked out a new outdoor outlet mall nearby. It was unexciting. Then we headed to a park to picnic and play.


Lily is definitely a fan of picnicking. 
I suppose she'll like it even more once she can eat real food and play.

In the meantime, Daisy and Caleb's antics were enough to entertain her.
(She might have been trying to nurse on Daisy's shorts. I fed her mere moments after taking this picture.)

The girls took long naps this afternoon, so while they slept, Caleb and I had some snuggle and reading time. Then, I had a hankering  for a root beer. I asked Caleb if he wanted to try my root beer, and he was shocked. Appalled. 
"But root beer is not for kids! Root beer is for grownups!"
I explained to him that root beer is not actually beer, it is soda. 
He still didn't want to try it. Claimed it would be "spicy". I explained that he called soda spicy when he was a baby and didn't have words to describe the tingly feeling soda makes on your tongue. That it was actually sweet and fizzy, not spicy.

Then he was willing to give it a go.

After his first sip. He was unsure.

But after a moment to think about it, he decided to take another sip.

He likes it!

He asked me to pour him a little more, but then decided that bit was a little too fizzy on his tongue. Funny boy.

Then he took this picture. His cars made an S on the floor.

1 comment: