September 19

Lily is two months old today! 
I had high hopes for a photo shoot during the big kids' nap time, but after spending all morning at MOPS and preschool, the kids were kind of wired. It took them way too long to eat their lunch, then Daisy didn't want to nap, and suddenly it was 2:00 and they had just fallen asleep. And then, somehow, Lily napped. Even though she hasn't been napping well in the afternoons lately, she did today.

And then she woke up and we were outside talking with friends, and somehow it was dinnertime and I still hadn't taken pictures, so Chris made dinner while I threw together a rushed little photo shoot.

Check out her one-month photos here.

First we tried inside. Lily was cheerful and cooperative, but the lighting was terrible.

Sweet big brother! He loves his "Baby Rainbow" so much!

Look at that laugh!

Then I gave up and took Lily outside for some pictures. 
This picture is special for two reasons:
1. Lily is wearing a dress that Chris' grandmother, Elnora, made for Chris' mother, Gayle. Elnora is no longer with us, but Gayle told me that this fabric was probably a flour sack that Elnora had made into a dress for her baby girl.
2. I think Lily may actually be discovering her feet in this picture. She was fascinated with them!

Sadly, the lighting was perfect and the dress was darling, but the girl was tired. Why does it always work out that way?

Yes, why indeed?

See? Exhausted. Poor baby.

She's probably exhausted from all the growing she's doing. I weighed her on my bathroom scale today, and she clocked in at 11 pounds, 13 ounces. Caleb and I measured her, and Lily was 24 inches long. 

And there's her true personality - sticking her tongue out at you.

She's clearly thinking, "Please, Mom! Let me sleep already!"

How sweet is she?

And the stats:

The funniest part? She was so tired, so I finally gave up and took her inside. As soon as I tried to put her down for a nap, she was wide awake. That girl is a stinker, I tell you! Good thing we love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment