September 14

Lily and I were lying in bed this morning, snuggling and nursing, when I heard the doorbell ring. Then Caleb shouted, "I'll get it!" and I heard little feet stampeding toward the door.
It was 7 am.
Luckily, Chris was awake with the children, and it was just our neighbor Terry at the door. He knows the kids get up early, so he knew it would be okay to come over.

He had charged up a little yellow racecar that he keeps in his basement, and brought it over for the kids to play with this weekend.

When Lily and I finally stumbled out of bed (or I stumbled out of bed, carrying Lily), we found this in the garage:
Chris had drawn a race track in chalk on the garage floor, and a pajama-clad Caleb was driving around and around in circles.

He was having SO MUCH fun!

I'm not exactly sure what Daisy was doing. Perhaps she was waiting patiently for her turn? (HA!)

Later, the Chris took the big kids down to the parking lot of the neighborhood pool to ride their bicycles on a flat surface, and Lily and I went grocery shopping.

Even later, the kids took naps.

Even later, we headed to our friends Sara and John's house for an impromptu winery-at-home afternoon. We had so much fun!

Best of  all, Lily was loved on by lots of people, and I got to relax and drink wine and eat winery-inspired snacks. I call that a win for the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment