September 11

Seriously, this Lily/nursing/milk volcano thing is getting out of hand. I guess that, considering how frequently she nurses, it isn't really happening that often, but still. Would it kill the girl to take a pacifier? 
*sigh*
Can you tell it happened again tonight? Tonight, she puked up so much milk that I had to shower, give her a bath, wash my clothes, wash her clothes, wash all of the sheets, wash my Boppy, and even wash the waterproof covers on our pillows and mattress. (Thank God we invested in those!)
But she'll grow out of it soon enough.
Just like our big girl Daisy, who slept all night in her big girl bed last night! She wanted her crib for nap time today, but at bedtime she asked again to snuggle in her big girl bed, and she's sleeping away in it as I type. Yay, Daisy!

Here's Lily, pre-puking fiasco. She's always so funny when she wakes up from naps! I love unwrapping swaddled babies. They stretch so luxuriously when their arms are freed, and Lily will often fall right back to sleep for another thirty minutes or so when I unwrap her.

See how satisfied she is?
You can also see a glimpse of my little helper who is always so eager to wake up her sister...

Oh, and there's a hand. Such is the sacrifice of being a baby sister - you are loved and held and snuggled and touched by your siblings to no end! Luckily, Lily doesn't seem to mind.

Then we went outside. The big oak tree that overhangs our deck has been throwing off all kinds of acorns, and everytime I go out there in my bare feet, I curse that tree. So today, we started a "science lesson". The kids collected acorns in their buckets (I might have helped them a bit with the broom) and later we will water the dirt so that it's squishy (that was Caleb's idea) and bury all of the acorns on one big pile and see what happens. 

Caleb also threw a cicada carcass in his bucket, and he thinks our hole will grow a "winged tree" because of the cicada's wings.

Daisy put her acorns in a net, then put the net in the bucket. She clearly thinks it's a great idea.

Later, the kids "helped" me make dinner. 
I was just chopping veggies for fresh veggie sticks, so they couldn't do much. But they really liked being there to watch!

I stepped away for a moment and returned to find Daisy using carrots as a drumstick and a piece of cucumber as a drum. It was really pretty funny!

Then Chris came home. Hooray!
He popped Daisy on his shoulders, but then forgot where she was and wandered around the house, asking, "Where's Daisy? Has anyone seen Daisy?"
She thought it was the funniest. thing. ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment