April 16

Today was a beautiful day. It was also a cooking kind of day. Over the course of the day, I made pancakes, guacamole, beet chips, pork burritos,  and cheeseburger pie. The kids took ridiculously long naps, and then we played outside while we waited for Daddy to come home.

Caleb is getting pretty good at blowing bubbles, and is quite delighted by his newfound skill.
(Yes, he is wearing a flower barrette in his hair. Why not?)

This girl looks sweet, but she is a stinker. I fought with her from 1:45 to 3:15 this morning, trying to get her to sleep. When my patience was depleted, Chris went in and spent another thirty minutes with her. After two hours, she finally went to sleep. This is why people stop having babies.

And this is why people keep having babies. That smile kills me.

She's smiling because Caleb was being silly.

While Chris and our neighbor explored options for hanging our porch swing (it took cutting a hole in a wall to see that it may actually be feasible!), Caleb played some baseball. He's developing a pretty good swing!

A bad picture, but I love Daisy's little hand reaching up in the bottom of the frame. She can't wait to play ball with her brother!

Caleb and I were playing catch (or some toddler-ified version of it) when he crouched down like this. He looked up at me and said, "I'm bein' Yadier Molina!" 
That's when I knew we were raising him right. Who needs Pujols when we have Yadi?

That little green stick is an inchworm that drifted down into our game of catch. Caleb was thrilled with it, and called it a "pinch worm" before we clarified that it's actually "INCH" worm.

No comments:

Post a Comment