April 15

Oh my. What a long day. Chris and I didn't get to bed until 11 last night, and then Daisy woke up every two hours or so - even though she's no longer sick. Then the alarm went off at 5 am because today was Chris' race day!

Despite the fact that he hadn't trained at all, despite the fact that he was running low on sleep, and despite the fact that he had both a cold and an eye infection (!), Chris still chose to run today. That's my man! And he actually did pretty well - his time was just a few minutes slower than his other half marathons. How about that?

The kids and I had so much fun cheering him on. We managed to see him at miles 3, 6, and 10.5. 
Mile three was right outside the brewery. The kids had a little picnic breakfast while we waited for the runners to appear.

Our race tradition of always cheering with a pinwheel continued. Today was perfect pinwheel weather, too. Sunny, but super windy!

Mmm. Breakfast. 
Also, every time I offer this kid an apple, he refuses it. But the moment I bite into my own apple, he wants it. What gives?

Those blurs were the very first runners. They were that fast. Kidding - I had my settings wrong. But I still really like this picture.

Caleb's cheering was hit or miss. At times he was really excited to clap for the runners; other times, not so much.

A silly cheering face.

Mile three. Caleb was excited to see Daddy.

Hey, you fast runner, you!

And there he is in action at mile 10.5. I'm so proud of him for pushing himself to complete the race!

Post-race, showing Daisy his medal. Can you tell that it's 9:30 and the girl is an hour past naptime?

The kids were exhausted, Chris was exhausted, and I was exhausted. (I'm a hard-core cheerer. It's tough work!) Let's hope we all sleep well tonight!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry we weren't able to make it out to cheer with you! Can I make up for it by committing to run the Rock 'n' Roll half in October? Two months postpartum is good timing for a marathon, right? Kidding. :) Good job, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm downright impressed that he still ran! Way to go! Hope you had great and fantastic naps. The best part of running is eating later...or so that's how I feel. ;)

    ReplyDelete