April 1

Every year, our church has its big Easter celebration the week before Easter, on Palm Sunday. That was today! This was the first year that Caleb was willing to participate in the festivities, so I was really excited. I decked the kids out in their fancy new Easter clothes (no big deal if they wear them two weeks in a row, right?) and went a little camera-crazy. Forgive me for all of the photos?

Emily and her boys came, but only Max was young enough to join in the egg-hunting fun.

Ryan may look cool, but I can tell he's itching to get his fingers on an egg...

Caleb's Easter clothes - his shirt matches Daisy's dress, and they both have straw hats. I know it's cheesy, but I also know that my time to dress my children in matching outfits is limited.

Daisy wasn't interested in hunting for the eggs, but once they were in the basket she loved them.
Also, doesn't the hat make you want to die? And the shoes? Love it!
(About their outfits: Everything I buy for my children is either from garage sales, thrift stores, or end-of-season clearance. If I don't buy it, it's a hand-me-down from a friend. I was really excited that I was able to buy these Easter outfits in season, not on clearance. Yes, they were on sale, and yes, I used a coupon too, but still. They're current clothes, which is a special treat. Hooray!)

I brought that plush bunny basket for Daisy to use, but once Caleb saw it he was smitten. He insisted on carrying it into church, and refused to use the bigger basket that held more eggs. Funny boy.

Daisy and Daddy, examining their loot.

*sigh*
Love her.

Daisy was happy with her eggs, until she saw how many Caleb had.

Did I mention that I love her?

Our happy little family. Only Caleb doesn't look so happy, does he?

My girl and me.

Then we went inside for lunch and more festivities. 
Caleb had a Cardinal painted on his arm. At first he was really hesitant and didn't want to get in the chair or let the lady touch him. But as soon as she got out her paint brush, he was very curious.

Daisy liked the balloons.

Then, a performance by Babaloo. Caleb was captivated.

I promise, Daisy wasn't that into the performance. She was smiling at Kevin, who often sits near us in church. He really likes babies, and Daisy (apparently) really likes him.

Oh! And I almost forgot to mention - night two of Operation: Reclaim the Bed was a success. Daisy woke up at 1am and 3am; both times I went in, fed her, and laid her back down. No crying, and she slept until 6 am! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment