February 27

It was a big day: 
Eli's first dentist appointment.

That also meant it was my first time taking all four kids to the dentist by myself. I was nervous, but those kids of mine dominated it!
We were literally in and out of the dentist's office (including the time it took to take this selfie) in 40 minutes. It helped that we declined x-rays and fluoride treatments, but still. I was impressed! Even Eli was very brave. We talked before the appointment about what the hygienists and the dentist would do, and I told him that he needed to be cooperative and brave.

As we walked into the office, he solemnly told me, "I not cry, Mommy."
That boy kept his word. As he watched his siblings get their teeth cleaned, he alternately clung to me or stepped up to watch closely. When it was his turn, he bravely laid on the exam table and did his best to cooperate. He made it through about 75% of the cleaning before he was done, which was really impressive!

The dentist did  her exam with him in my lap, which helped immensely. He sailed through that!

We had so much time left over after our appointment that we did something unheard of: we met Chris at a McDonald's near his office, where the kids played in the play place and ate lunch.
Yep.
They. Were. Ecstatic.

I am very aware that for some families, this is a normal occurrence. (At least, the lunch/playplace part.) For my kids, it has literally never happened. It may have been their favorite day ever, and I am 100% confident that the next time they have a dentist appointment, they will all remember playing at McDonald's and ask to do it again.

Daisy took this selfie while I was doing school with Caleb. I have no idea how she scraped the bridge of her nose. She's fine now, Mom.

Dark, blurry picture of the carry of the day. It was possibly Secure High Back Carry? I'm flaking on this babywearing challenge.

 Also, this:
The toy in the kids' McDonald's Happy Meals was a puzzle. 
Puzzles are Lily's favorite. I was preparing dinner, and came into the room to find her finishing her puzzle on the floor. The light was so yummy and she was so proud that I took too many pictures.

Also, we just got out that dress/tunic for her; she is moving into her 4T hand-me-down clothes, and jumped up to size 7 shoes.

She's a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment