February 16

Our week has been so full of activities, including today: MOPS day. The kids love MOPS days. Caleb and Daisy think their teacher, Mr. Fred, is the bee's knees, and Lily has a new favorite friend in her class named Charlie. 
He's a boy.
She gives him hugs and kisses and holds his hand. She told me they like to make silly faces at each other and play chase. I'd be worried, but his mom is pretty nice so I think it's ok.

After MOPS, we discovered that it was lovely outside! Caleb and Daisy spent most of the afternoon doing science and PE outside. (I'm calling it that, and you can't argue with me.) When the little ones woke up from naps, we all walked down to the neighborhood playground. Since I've been bad about taking pictures lately, I brought my camera along. 
(Also, I may have spent Caleb and Daisy's "Science/PE" time calibrating my 24-70 lens and switching my camera to back button focus, so I wanted to try everything out.)
70 and sunny in February? Fabulous.

Caleb looks cool in his red shades with metallic lenses. Also, he is wearing his The Lego Movie shirt, and today at MOPS he pretended that his name was Emmett, just like the main character.

Lily rocked her sunglasses, too.

Eli rocked on a horse.

I love that he can dominate this little playground now!

Lily shouted, "Look at me, Mommy!"

We headed home in time to make dinner, but the kids were playing so happily outside that I pushed dinner back 45 minutes. Winter sunshine is not something to be squandered!

It meant that I didn't get to try today's back carry until after dinner, though. Today was a Poppin's finish.

This is Double Hammock Poppins, and Daisy is very happy to be wrapped up on my back. I am going to guess that she is significantly lighter than most nearly 6-year-olds, because wearing her on my back was surprisingly comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment