February 23

Today was gymnastics day! Hooray!
The kids look forward to gymnastics day all month. But today, just when it was time to start getting ready to go, Eli vomited all over the couch, the pillow, and the floor. Then he was so sad about it that he buried his sweet little face in the vomit. 
Poor kid.

Poor me.

I sat on the floor and cried. It's only the third round of vomit from the same child in three days; it really could be infinitely worse. But for some reason, it hit me hard and I was so frustrated. 
My birthday is tomorrow, and I'm going to spend it dealing with pukey kids. 
My poor kids had to miss their favorite day of the month. 
We were out of upholstery cleaner.
Ugh.

I got Eli cleaned up and put all four kids in my big bed so that I could deal with the mess.

I googled a recipe for homemade upholstery cleaner, and we had all of the ingredients to make it happen.

I texted my friend Jill that we wouldn't be at gymnastics, and she replied with essential oil and wellness advice for the kids. Then this happened:
Sweet baby Eli (wearing a onesie that Daisy helped him pick, and that Daisy put on him), applying well-diluted essential oils to his feet.

For a crunchy mama like me, this is about as cute as it gets.

Also, all four kids (three still in gymnastics clothes) watching Sesame Street and learning that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Lily cracks me up because 1. She is totally into that show and 2. the Olaf hat.

A few minutes later, Jill texted me that she was going to be at my house in five minutes. My sweet friend brought me a bag full of snacks and iced coffee. It felt so nice to be taken care of, instead of having to take care of someone. Things were looking up, after all.

There was no more vomit today, and some friends even came over to play in our back yard this afternoon. Hopefully my birthday tomorrow is puke-free!



No comments:

Post a Comment