February 14

Happy Valentine's Day!

I confess: I took no actual pictures today. 
No pictures of the sweet Valentines Caleb made for Chris and me. 
No pictures of the great Valentines Daisy made for her Classical Conversations friends, the ones she made for Grace and Adam and Aunt Maggie (sorry, they don't fit in envelopes and so they'll never get mailed to you) or for Grandmother and Grandad.
No pictures of how, instead of just writing his name and a classmate's name on each handmade Valentine, Caleb also took the time to write a sweet, thoughtful thing about each friend. "You are funny. You are smart. You are a good leader. You are good at sports..."
No pictures of the lovely flowers Chris got for me and for our girls, or how he put some of them in vases in each girl's room.
No pictures of Lily reading a goodnight story to her bouquet.
No pictures of our steak dinner with heart shaped noodles for the kids.
No pictures of the cherry cheesecake with Oreo crust.

Here are the pictures I do have:
This is us stuck in traffic on our way to CC this morning. We were going to actually be on time, and then the highway was at a complete standstill and we lost a solid 15 minutes. Caleb was so frustrated, but I took the opportunity to snap a "traffic is not moving at all, nothing I can do" selfie.

(Also, heeeey to that peek of a pouch sling/infinity scarf around my neck. It carried Eli through the parking lot, into the building, up the stairs, and into the classroom, and then it held another mom's sweet 3-month-old while mama tended to her needy toddler. Borrowing people's babies and wearing them in my carriers fulfills that desperate need I have to wearallthebabies.)

Speaking of babywearing, I decided to participate in a back carry only babywearing challenge that started today. You know, since Eli doesn't want to be worn anymore and my wrapping days are winding down. It makes total sense.

Mostly, it's because I want a reason to play with this new wrap to see if I want to keep it or sell it. 
Lovely, isn't it? It's a bamboo/linen blend, which is new to me.

Eli may not want to be worn, but Lily likes it!

In honor of Valentine's Day, today's carry was something with a Sweetheart finish.
Unfortunately, the only time I had to try it today was while everyone was napping, so I wrapped one of our heavy babies. Then, because Tuesdays are Special Time with Grandmother days, I laid down on the couch and enjoyed my Book Club book for a few hours. 

Happy Valentine's Day, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment