December 8

Do-nothing Monday = back to life as usual!

Chris and I are testing a hypothesis that Caleb does well in the evenings if we are careful to give him lots of active play time as soon as he gets home, and lots of snuggles and affection as often as possible. It worked today.

On Thursday when I got him off the bus, I asked Caleb how his day was. He replied, "Great! Until Tow Mater bonked me with his tow hook!" At first, I thought maybe he and some friends were playing pretend at recess and he got knocked over, but I soon realized that he was just being silly.

On Friday when I got him off the bus, I asked Caleb how his day was. He replied, "Great! Until Lightning McQueen ran into me!" Again, I was confused until I had remembered the silliness of the day before.

Today when I got him off the bus, I asked Caleb how his day was. He replied, "Great! Until Ramone knocked me over!" I immediately started laughing, and then something dawned on me. I asked, "Caleb, do you spend the whole bus ride home coming up with something silly a Cars character did to tell me when I ask how your day was?"
He answered, "Yep! Do you want to hear tomorrow's joke? Great! Until Flo splashed me with warm oil!"

And then I died laughing. This little boy of mine is such a treasure! We spent the next thirty minutes playing outside before Lily woke up from her nap and I had to go start dinner.

Meanwhile, Chris' work Christmas party was tonight, so he didn't get home until the children were all sound asleep. The girls and I stayed in our jammies for most of the day, and I feel no guilt about that.

Daisy asked me to put her hair in pigtails, and it was the CUTEST. THING. EVER. You can tell that she knows just how cute it is. Or she really likes the flash on my camera. Whatever.

Lily also really liked Daisy's pigtails. And the flash. But she kept trying to pet Daisy's hair, which was really funny.

That's all I have for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment