December 24

It's been busy few days around here, and I'm slowly working my way through a backlog of pictures to edit and process. In addition to the pictures, there were a few last-minute gifts to sew, a million gifts to wrap, food to prepare, and celebrations to be had. 

Today Grace came over to play for a little bit before she heads back to Texas tomorrow, then we had early naps, then church, then went to my parents' house to celebrate Christmas #2. We had a low-key Christmas there, with gifts just for the little ones, and it was perfect.

I wanted to get a picture of all of the grandkids in front of the tree. Remarkably, the oldest one was the least cooperative. And then of course my children were also uncooperative. I have no explanation for why Caleb looks the way he does, except that he is a goof. But aren't Jace and Max cute? It is so much fun that all of the kiddos are so close in age. Ryan is almost 17, but then Caleb is 5 and a half, Max is 4 and a half, Daisy is 3 and a half, and Jace and Lily are both 17 months old. They're all at the perfect age for playing together right now!

My mom found this Elsa baseball cap with a long blonde braid attached, and knew Daisy had to have it. (Actually, Mom really wanted one for herself, too, but apparently they don't come in grown-up sizes. Instead, she's living vicariously through Daisy.) It immediately became Daisy's favorite gift, and she has barely taken it off her head since this moment.

My dad bought The Book With No Pictures for the kids, and they love it. Love, love, love it. Caleb laughs so hard when we read it, and it is the best sound in the world. I highly recommend this book, just because it's so silly and fun.

We gave Max a Ninja Turtles underoos set, and he immediately put on the muscle shirt and ran around like a turtle. I think he looks pretty legit!

Emily gave Lily this Noisy Farm book, and Lily thought it was the best thing ever.

Daisy tickled Grandpa with her braid,

and Jace ran around in the Ninja Turtles eye mask that came with Max's underoos.

Then my mom got out the Santa hats, and even more fun was had.

Lily loved the hat, but didn't want to be photographed in it. 

Jace also loved the hat!

Right before we headed out the door, I tried to get a picture of my parents with all of their grandbabies. The kids were so tired! Daisy was completely uncooperative, until I promised her chocolate. Then I got this smile out of her.

She's definitely my child.

Our kiddos didn't get to bed until nearly 10:00, which is seriously past their bedtime. It was a long, fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment