December 25

After several busy, busy days, I was craving some quiet time at home with my loveys today. Happily, I got my Christmas wish! My kids are remarkably immune to the "let's-wake-up-at-the-crack-of-dawn-and-be-obnoxious-until-it's-time-to-open-gifts" thing so far. I'm sure it will come some day, but for now, we are loving slow Christmas mornings!
Chris got up with the kids at 7:30, and Lily and I both slept until 8:30. We ate a leisurely breakfast, took some pictures in front of the tree, and eventually got around to opening gifts.

I couldn't get Lily to look at the camera, but at least the other two kiddos are happy. No, you can't see my baby bump, but can you tell that there's barely room for Caleb in my lap because of it? Also, please note that Daisy is still wearing her Elsa hat. Girl loves that thing.

I love these happy kids! I also love the small assortment of gifts behind them. I really wasn't feeling Christmas this year, and funds are tight for us as we save up to buy a minivan. Each kid got maybe four small, thoughtful gifts, and it was perfect. 

Even with the small amount of gifts, Lily got distracted. We caught her taking a break to play with the Little People nativity scene.

Even funnier, though, was her little perch so that she could access the toys. She was determined, and climbed up there all by herself! Funny girl!

Lily was thrilled with the gift I made for her - her very own superhero cape, just like Caleb and Daisy have!

Caleb was excited to get his very own copy of the Lego Star Wars game for the Wii.

And Daisy was delighted with her new skirted leotard and princess ballet slippers. 
(You can't see her face, but you can see the little dimple that indicates that she's smiling!)

We hung out and played all day, took long naps, and Chris took the kids over to his parents' house for a little while. Daisy was so excited to wear her new night gown that she put it on before dinner!

The girl has never had a nightgown before, and only recently realized they were a thing. Once she discovered them, she wanted one desperately. Lucky girl - both grandmas each got her a nightgown!  Three things I love about this picture: how happy Daisy is, her bunny slippers, and Lily's excited expression as she pets the soft fleece night gown. Too cute!

Since Christmas is officially over, I suppose I should also post our official Christmas Card photos for the year:




 
I was really happy with how well our last-minute pictures turned out!

And I just spent way too much time making this collage of Christmases past and present, but it's so much fun that I don't even mind how long it took.
 We are so thankful for the peace and joy we have because God chose to send his Son to die for our sins. Merry Christmas, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment