August 4

1. I got home from my child-free anniversary weekend with Chris yesterday around dinnertime. It was a fantastic escape, and apparently the children didn't miss me at all? Even Lily wasn't particularly impressed when I returned home. I'm going to chalk that up to the loving care that Grandma and Aunt Maggie gave them, rather than any disinterest on the part of my children.

2. Lily cut her third tooth while I was gone! Mom and Maggie didn't notice anything, but at bedtime I found the tell-tale crack in her gum. I always thought the crack was the painful part, but Lily's behavior today tells me that the tooth actually coming through the opening is worse. Girl was not so pleasant.

3. The electricity in half the garage stopped working while I was gone. When I got home, it worked. Then this evening, it stopped again. Now it works. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what's going on. 

4. We had leftovers for dinner, then ice cream sandwiches for dessert. I had these grain-free chocolate chip cookies in the freezer, and a smidge of good ice cream left over, so we indulged. It was lovely.

What a little lady. Pinkies up, even when she's devouring an ice cream sandwich.

It's serious work!

Caleb chose to have his cookies and ice cream separate, though I have no idea why. He also didn't want to be photographed.

No ice cream sandwiches for Lily. She was content to riffle through the drawer of kids' dishes.
Also, the girl may be underweight, but she has ankle rolls. They may be small, but they're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment