August 30

We had an impromptu family adventure after dinner tonight, but because it was so impromptu, I didn't have my camera. Boo.

Chris took a few pictures with his phone, though, so I have those.
Correction: I have one picture.
Updated! I have two! I found the missing picture!

We explored a new trail that starts in the woods adjacent to an industrial area, then suddenly makes a right angle and runs alongside the river. It was so much fun to surprise the kids with the river view, especially because we often visit the other side of the river, but we had never been to this side.

We visited right after a rain storm, so it was cool and lovely, no one was out, and we were rewarded with a glorious sunset. We saw some turtles and a few rabbits, and threw some sticks into the river. That's our version of a good time!

Chris wore Lily on his back, and I *swear* I took a great picture of the two of them with Chris' phone, but somehow it  no longer exists. Boo. and I have a picture of it!
I know Lily looks phenomenally uncomfortable, but she really wasn't. I promise. Also, don't you love the action shot of Caleb as he threw something into the river?

 Two things I don't want to forget about Lily tonight as she rode in the Ergo on Chris' back:
When we spotted the bunnies, I focused all of my energy on helping Caleb and Daisy see them. I didn't try to point them out to Lily at all. But suddenly she noticed them, all on her own, and began pointing, leaning, and kicking both feet. She saw those bunnies, and she wanted them!
As we walked back to the car after our adventure, Caleb and Daisy ran ahead and Chris and I walked hand-in-hand and talked. Suddenly we heard Lily make a humming noise. She was resting her face against Chris' back and sighing contentedly. When she noticed that I noticed, though, she picked her head back up and gave me the biggest grin. I love knowing that, even though she's so little, she's enjoying herself on our adventures, too!

1 comment: