August 6

Well.

Last night, I was reading a book and somehow I accidentally stayed up until midnight.
Then Lily woke up at 4:37 am. It was an angry wake-up, too. She was awake, and she was mad that she was awake, but nothing on earth was going to get her back to sleep. I ended up fighting to get her settled down for a good half hour, then holding her for the next hour. At 6 am, I gave up and brought her into bed with me, thinking that maybe she'd go back to sleep. Foolish, I know. 
Then Daisy got up and started talking about broken glass in her room. (Somehow a light bulb broke, but she wasn't willing to divulge any details.)
Then Lily headbutted me - hard - in my forehead. She has a bruise from it.
Then Caleb woke up.
Much later, we were all ready to go to Target for cleaning supplies and kitty litter and other necessary but not fun stuff, and the garage doors stopped working. Again. 
Then I had a headache and let Caleb watch almost all of Star Wars: Episode 1 while the girls napped.
Then the garage doors suddenly worked and we went to target.

This was Caleb's Target ensemble. He was wearing normal clothes, but changed into this for our outing.

Sweet, huh?

We returned from Target, had a late dinner, and were just getting into jammies when a pretty impressive thunderstorm rolled through. Of course, we immediately headed out to the front porch. Doesn't everyone do that?

All three kids were snuggled on the porch swing, drinking milk, so I decided to take a picture. Then Daisy started shrieking that she had to pee. You know, because needing to go to the bathroom is a crisis that she's never encountered before.

So my only photo of happy children has no Daisy in it. So it goes.

And now Lily is crying. When Chris comes home, I am going to sleep for three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment