August 5

Today was my second full day on my own with the kids. So far, we are doing okay. We went to vote this morning, then to the library, so getting out of the house was something!
One of the pollsters was kind enough to take this picture for us: Lily wrapped sloppily on my back, and Daisy and Caleb in their crowns. Daisy chose to wear silver shoes with her dress, which instantly made her a princess. 
Obviously.
And of course, everyone wants to marry a beautiful princess, so Caleb became a prince so that he could marry Daisy. And once they were married, they became king and queen. So I voted with Lily on my back and King Prince Caleb and Queen Princess Daisy. So it goes.

This is Lily eating applesauce, on her own terms.
Not in her seat. Not at the table. Not with my help.
She is totally her mother's daughter.

I got both girls down for naps just in time for Caleb's kindergarten schoolbus safety class. Luckily, my mom was able to come over and nap take care of the girls, so Caleb and I were able to attend the class without two grouchy, tired girlies. 
This boy. I still have no idea how he will do at school. I think he'll do well; I know he's ready. I just pray that he gets a teacher who is willing to invest the time to understand him. To casual observers, he is timid and shy and quiet, but really? He's anything but. I know that the right teacher will do wonders for him. 
We'll find out in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment