August 29

After dinner tonight, we were playing in the front porch when I heard a noise that gave me a great idea. Chris and I decided to take the kids on an adventure.

A football game!
We are about a mile from the local high school, which is close enough for us to hear the marching band during home games. The last time I remember us going to a game as a family was back in September 2012, before Lily was even a twinkle in my eye!

The kids were in their jammies, and I brought some (all-natural, GMO-free) kettle corn for a special treat. Chris lugged along the big chairs so that the little ones could watch the game in comfort. We had the perfect set-up!

At first, Caleb was devastated that we had to watch from behind the fence. He cried and shrieked like he was in physical pain. Once I handed him a snack and he was able to run around a little bit, though, he began to see the merits of our spot. 
I also promised him that he and Daddy could go to another game without the girls, and then they could actually go in the stadium.

Wow. Can you believe how clearly I captured those snot bubbles? The rest of us are mostly over the cold that Caleb brought home from kindergarten last week, but Lulu still suffers. Poor baby!

Daisy really enjoyed watching the football game!

Caleb wanted desperately to take pictures with my camera. When I gave it to him, he got really upset after his first shot. "The lights are all fuzzy!"
When I explained to him that photographers call it "bokeh", and it's actually pretty cool, he got really interested.

My sweet little photographer, in his jammies and no shoes!

This is the picture he was taking while I took the picture of him above. See me holding up my phone in the bottom right corner?
After he took this one, he came running to me, "Look, Mommy! I got lots of bokeh!" 

He may only be five, but he's already got this photography thing down!

We stayed long enough to watch the half time show. That was definitely long enough!

One last group shot, compliments of my photographer boy. Daisy is in my lap, and Chris is reclined with Lily in his lap. What a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment