August 25

When Lily was born, Caleb assured me, "I know lots about babies, Mommy! I'm a really good babysitter!"
At the time, I thought it was really sweet. But now I realize: the boy was right! He does know lots about babies, and he's remarkably good with them.

Caleb's first kindergarten cold has taken our whole family by storm, so both girls were in the middle of long, late naps when it was time to pick Caleb up from the bus stop. Since it's just at the corner, I took the baby monitor with me and went to go get Caleb.  Just as we were heading home, Lily woke up. Caleb was so excited to run into her room and say hi, and Lily was equally excited to see her brother!

I got Lily out of her crib and settled her in the chair next to Caleb, where he wrapped his arm around her and snuggled up close. Then the boy looked at me and said, "Mommy, you should take a picture of us!"
I love that kid.

School has been so good for Caleb. He comes home full of love, creativity, enthusiasm. Snuggles for everyone!

We went through a rough phase with Caleb over the past year, but now I realize that maybe he just needed to go to school!

After he and Lily were done snuggling, I got some snuggles. Caleb's favorite thing to tell me is, "Mommy, you're my favorite Mommy." He knows it's a joke, which makes it even cuter. 

Speaking of cuter, this girl: 
She has four teeth now, and a wicked cold. Poor baby is miserable, but my blessed husband has been handling the late nights so that this mama can get some sleep. He understands that if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment