August 8

Lily didn't wake up at 4:30 this morning.
Today, it was 4:22.
I fought with her for over an hour before finally bringing her into bed with me. This time, though, I got out our bed rail so that I could drift in and out of sleep without worrying about her rolling off the bed. Caleb woke up and played quietly in his room for a while before joining us in bed, and Daisy came in shortly thereafter. If I have to be exhausted and awake at 7 am, at least it's snuggled up in my bed with my darlings.
I know it's a grainy, blurry, cell phone photo, but it's Caleb and Daisy, snuggling and tickling in bed, and  I love it.

Lily is yawning. 
You know, because she woke up at 4:22. 
Also, I apparently look horrifying when I'm exhausted.

But this girl isn't exhausted! I think Daisy is just about the cutest, sweetest little thing ever. I'm so glad she's mine!

Thankfully, Lily napped for 2.5 hours this morning. Not thankfully, the big kids were still awake, so I didn't get to catch up on any of my missed sleep. After naps, we ate lunch and did the grocery shopping. When both girls were down for their afternoon naps, I asked Caleb if he wanted to cook with me.

He eagerly agreed, and ran off into the other room. I was confused, until he returned wearing this: 
His chef's hat.
Really.
This kid is a riot!

First, we started the crust for our gluten-free pizza. It has yeast in it, and once I explained to Caleb that yeast is actually alive and that it eats sugar and pees alcohol and toots carbon dioxide, he was hooked. Today, we discovered that yeast is actually a fungus, and he was fascinated. Then we talked about how yeast is beneficial in baked goods, but can be harmful in other warm, moist places. We even looked at pictures of yeast under a microscope online. When Daisy woke up from her nap, the first thing Caleb said was, "Daisy! Did you know that yeast is a FUNGUS???" 

He is too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment