August 11

My nephew, Max, turned four today, and we celebrated with pizza and cake at one of our favorite parks. Emily was sweet enough to even get gluten-free pizza for the kids, so it was the first night in a week and a half that I haven't had to worry about feeding or entertaining my kids. Plus, my mom was there, and Lily prefers her over anyone in the world, including me. It was practically a vacation!

Happy Lily, eating pizza in Grandma's arms. Grandpa shared the sausage from his pizza with her, and he became her new best friend.

This is such a typical Daisy face! I have no idea what she was talking about, but we see this face frequently and it always makes me laugh.

Mom brought Nina Turtle water canons for the kids, and they had so much fun attacking Ryan!

The best part is that they played independently, without me, and without fighting each other!

Daisy cornered Ryan and got him. Clever girl.

It was probably dangerous and something I should have stopped, but Daisy had so much fun hopping from stone to stone. Her two-footed hops are hilarious!

Grandma pushed Lily on the saucer swing, and Lily was very pleased.

Max had four Ninja Turtle birthday cakes!

Happy birthday, Maxie!

Daisy chose to wear her (now much-too-small) birthday cake shirt for Max's party. Also, don't you love those curls?

Mom will hate this picture, but there is something about her arm wrapped around Lily and Lily's little hand resting possessively on her arm that I just love. She really is Lily's favorite person.

Daisy loved that we were both wearing yellow.
I love her sweet little dimple.

Snuggling with Aunt Jenny.

What a great party!

No comments:

Post a Comment