August 14

Lily woke up at 1 am.
Caleb woke up at 3 am.
Lily woke up again at 5 am.
Then they were all up for the day at 6:30 am.

I'm the kind of person who functions best on 9 hours sleep each night, especially when I'm pregnant. You think I'm joking, but I'm not. There is a noticeable difference in me when I get 9 hours of sleep - I am much more cheerful and energetic and patient. But lately, I've been going on 6 hours of sleep each night. And you know how it goes - if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

We will all be happy tomorrow, though, when Chris comes home! Hooray!

Caleb's third day of school went well, I think. He said he had PE today and practiced his scissoring.

Daisy was much more talkative about her second day of preschool. They read Harold and the Purple Crayon, and she told me all about what Harold drew. She played in the sandbox at recess, but they aren't allowed to take their shoes off. Miss Amy liked her owl socks. Some kids cried when their parents left, but Daisy was brave. The toilets on the girls' side have loud flushes, and Daisy is brave but covers her ears. The boys' toiled have quiet flushes. She ate the healthy snack we brought, but her other friends had crunchy grahams that were unhealthy for her.

I'm not sure if the difference is girl vs. boy, or just because Daisy and Caleb are very different little people, but it's funny to hear how much more Daisy says about her day. Caleb seems to need time to process his day, and he shares information in a piecemeal manner. A bit here, a bit there.

After dinner, we had time to head over to the lake for a little bit so the kids could dig in the beach. I think we all needed some sunshine and fresh air! I didn't want to lug my big camera along, so I just have some cell phone photos today.

Caleb and Daisy both chose to wear their sun hats. I thought it was pretty funny! Caleb dug a river that led to the lake, then filled his bucket with water and watched the water rush into the lake. It was really pretty cool!

Normally I try to keep Lily on the blanket and out of the sand, but today I just let her go for it. The girl ended up filthy and wet, and I'm pretty sure she attempted to eat at least five handfuls of (nasty, bacteria-infested) sand. But boy, was she happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment