August 23

For some reason, I haven't managed to take any pictures the last few days. Hence, no blog posts.

I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm struggling to find a rhythm to my days now that Caleb is in school. We get Caleb on the bus just in time to get Daisy to preschool on preschool days. On other days, we have just enough time to get home, read a few books, and then it's time for Lily's morning nap. I have such grand ideas about the adventures the girls and I will have while Caleb is at school, but that morning nap just ruins everything. 

Plus, it's been hot.
Plus, first trimester exhaustion.

I'm hopeful for the fall and winter, when it won't be so hot and when Lily will (hopefully) drop her morning nap. I'm hopeful we'll find some sort of routine that works for us. 

In the meantime, I've been sitting and reading and playing and not taking pictures.

But Chris took some cell phone pictures today!
And now I can't find them on my computer.

Technology has not been my friend this evening! Our internet has been down all evening, which meant I couldn't find the new recipe I was going to try for dinner, which meant I had to wing it, which meant that the meal was not so delicious.

Then - as I was typing this post - our power went out and returned a few seconds later. But somehow that brief outage managed to turn on Lily's overhead light and turn off her noise machine, waking her up.

And now I can't find the pictures I know I uploaded.

I think I need to go to bed.

First, here are pictures of Caleb playing MarioKart on our Wii. They're too funny not to share.

I love how little kids play video games with their whole bodies. He was sitting at first, but eventually ended up on his knees, bending and twisting with the steering wheel.

What a sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment