August 7

After the lovely thunderstorm last night, we woke up this morning to pouring rain. The kids immediately asked if we could go out on the front porch, so we spent most of our morning playing and eating breakfast out there.

After Lily's morning nap, I took the kids to the dentist. When I made the appointment two months ago, Lily didn't have any teeth, so I didn't make an appointment for her. Instead, Caleb had his second-ever dental appointment, and Daisy had her first.

The kids rocked it!
It might have helped that there was a TV above the examination table, playing Beauty and the Beast.

Caleb was Batman today. Batman shirt, rain boots, and rain coat. And the cool sunglasses aren't his - they're to shield his eyes from the bright exam light.

While the big kids were saying their "aaaahhhh"s and opening their mouths wide, Lily stood in the corner saying, "AHHHHH!" I think she's ready to go in next time!

We got home from the dentist just in time for my friend Jill and her daughter, Naomi, to come over. Somehow I never get any pictures of how cute Lily and Naomi are together. Lily and Naomi have both recently learned to give kisses, and when it was time for Jill and Naomi to leave, Naomi gave me several kisses on my cheek. Lily was in my arms, and she totally wanted in on the kisses, so she and Naomi gave each other bunches of slobbery, open-mouthed baby kisses. I was dying, and wishing there were a way for me to capture it on film! Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment