August 10

First, a picture from our anniversary photo shoot that I haven't shared yet:

Yep!

We are excited to announce that we are 11 weeks pregnant with Baby #4! We expect Baby to arrive sometime before the middle of March. Since long before this baby was conceived, Caleb was certain that we would have another baby, it would be a boy, and its name would be Yoey. So we are lovingly referring to this baby as "Baby Yoey". Daisy, however, thinks the baby will be a girl, and her name will be Violet. I suppose we'll find out in March!

So far, this has been my easiest pregnancy. Aside from a little bit of tiredness and a really disappointing drop in my milk supply, I feel fantastic! We were hoping to wait until Chris returned from Wisconsin to share the news, but my belly has suddenly popped out to the point that our circumstances are quickly becoming obvious. I suppose that's what Baby #4 will do to a mama!

But back to today.

 I single-handedly got all kids fed, dressed, and to their classrooms at church on time this morning.
I even remembered to bring my own coffee.
This gives me hope that maybe I can handle the school routine on my own, too.

Caleb and Daisy each went to new classrooms at church today, which was pretty exciting. Caleb is now in the big room with the big kids, and he was so brave about going in. He seemed nervous, but he took everything in stride. I was so proud; I even teared up a little! It's nice to see my big boy being so brave.

Daisy was a bit more hesitant about her new classroom, but she didn't fuss or whine. And I got to spend an hour in church, child-free, with a cup of coffee in hand. I call that a win.

As I made dinner tonight, Caleb and Daisy decided to put their jammies on. It was really funny, but it also made bedtime that much easier!

Aren't they cute?
Caleb called himself "Lightning Man" and raced around the house. They were helping me test my light for this photo.

I needed photographic proof for Chris that I am suddenly quite obviously pregnant. It was supposed to be a picture of just me, but somehow all three children wiggled their way into the photo.

In contrast, here's a (terrible) photo of me at 20 weeks pregnant with Caleb:
Again, I suppose that's what Baby #4 will do to a mama - make her look 20 weeks pregnant, when she's really only 11 weeks pregnant.

After dinner, the kids burned some energy bouncing on Daisy's bed. Then Daisy began practicing her "dives".
We made this video to send to Chris, but I thought it was too funny not to share.

And now they're all asleep. Praise the Lord. And praise the Lord that our news is finally public, so I can finally let this belly hang out!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the news. I pray that all goes well.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another adorably cute Rife baby to oodle over. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! aaaah cool!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete