September 30

 I love Friday. It just so happened that today was a much-needed Do-Nothing Friday, which is even better than a normal Friday.


Lily celebrated by drinking two breakfast smoothies at once. (Don't tell Eli she swiped his smoothie!)

Poor Eli was out of sorts today, though. Around 10:00 this morning, the big kids were playing/reading/doing something quiet in their rooms while I worked on a spreadsheet for logging homeschool hours. Poor Eli climbed into my lap and fell asleep.

It might have been the sweetest thing ever. I can't remember the last time this child napped on me, instead of in his room. It must have been when he was a tiny baby, at least a year ago. I thought about trying to put him down in his crib, but instead I decided to savor the sweet, sweet moment. 

Sweet baby. He's 20 months old now, but he still looks like a newborn in these pics!

Eventually he woke up, and we did some serious work trying to break in my friend Sara's Didymos Blues Indio Hemp wrap for her. She's expecting a baby any day, and this wrap is currently too thick and beastly to snuggle a baby. We are doing our part to get it soft and floppy!

Daisy even took a turn!

Then she asked me to help her wrap her heavy baby, Rosie, on her back using another one of Sara's wraps. (Didymos Corallina hemp. Sara likes hemp Didys, and so do I!) Daisy was so proud of herself!

Once I got the little two down for naps, Chris came home from work early to pick up the older two. A customer of his was having a party celebrating his company's 40th anniversary, and offering factory tours and goodies. Chris thought Caleb especially would be fascinated to see all of the machines.

When the little ones woke up, they insisted on waiting on the porch for Daddy, Caleb, and Daisy.

Eli played with a stick.

Lily drew a picture of me! (Another fabulous outfit from Lily: black skeleton shirt with navy blue and white striped leggings. Send help.)

This was Lily's drawing! I'm pretty sure it was her first representational drawing. She said it was me! The picture is sideways, but can you see my green face, pink eyes, pink hair (pigtails, she told me!) and white dress (she said it was a "tattered gray dress" - just like it's described in her Cinderella book!). She also said I had a sad face, because Daddy was gone. Funny girl!

And sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment