September 9

On Wednesday night, my mom came over to stay with the kids so that Chris and I could attend the visitation for a dear woman who was my neighbor's sister, and my friend's mother. We are connected to her family in so many ways, and though we didn't know her well, we feel the loss deeply on behalf of our friends. 

Chris and I returned right about bedtime and found my mom applying metallic temporary tattoos to all of the children. She looked up at me sheepishly, knowing I would disapprove of the fact that she gave Caleb a golden headband across his forehead.
She was right.
Luckily, she's the grandma. She may have been pushing her luck a bit, but I let it go. 

Eli ended up with a golden star on his belly, and he loves it. Ever since then, he will lift his shirt up several times each day and point to his belly, saying, "'tar!" It's pretty cute.

I tried to capture the cuteness today, but the boy didn't want to be photographed. Lily did, however!

(Have I ever mentioned the story of the shirt she's wearing? Last December, I took all four kids to a children's resale shop to find Christmas outfits. While I searched, Lily came across this shirt on the racks. It was a size too big, but she was adamant that she wanted this shirt. Normally with things like this, I humor the child until they forget. But Lily would not forget; she insisted that she needed the shirt. It has been a favorite ever since, and well worth the $3 I paid for it.) 

Daisy also wanted to be photographed. She was being a goof.

Finally, after watching his sisters pose and looking at their pictures, Eli decided to let me photograph him.
He's naked and dirty because he was playing outside with the big kids, and he got his clothes all muddy and wet. Once he was naked, he saw his 'tar again. He's pointing to it in this picture.

I know I need to cut that wild mop of hair, but I'm so afraid the curls will be gone.
But I need to do it.

Hi, Eli! (Can you see his star on the bottom?)

He is really proud of that star!

Sweet baby. He loves that star so much that I'll let him run around in his diaper as much as he wants!

Also, still lots of babywearing around here. A friend bought her first woven wrap in anticipation of her baby's arrival next month, and it just happens to be one that I have been eyeing for a really long time. She kindly let me borrow it, so that I could help break it in before her baby arrives.
Eli is really fighting being worn lately, which is frustrating. Sometimes he will scream as I put him up, then settle in and happily enjoy his ride/snuggles on my back. Other times, he screams when I put him up and then says, "UPPP! Up. Upppp. UUUUUp." the whole time he's on my back. (You know, because "up" clearly means, "Please put me down, Mommy.")

Luckily, Lily is still a willing wrappee. 
She only wants to stay up for about five minutes at a time, but it's enough to give me a chance to practice various things.  Also, isn't the diaper-clad, sock-wearing photo bomber hilarious? Eli is so funny.
And this wrap - Didymos Blues Hemp Indio - is so lovely! I'm happy I have a chance to play with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment