September 27

Today was exhausting.
Exhausting.
It was a Classical Conversations community day, which meant that we spent 9-12:15 with our community. But each week we start our morning with a presentation by a different family. This week was our turn. The kids and I put together a presentation about ways our family likes to play outside, with photos to remind us of our main points. Caleb talked about how we like to swim, Daisy talked about how we like to play in our yard and on playgrounds, and I talked about how we like to bike and run. It was great!
I also happened to volunteer to take individual student photos for a yearbook we are putting together. And picture day happened to be today.
I took pictures for nearly 3 straight hours, and it was a lot more than I am used to.
Then I loaded all of the kids in the van, handed each one a lunch bag, and drove to Chris' parents' house. I  dropped Caleb there, and Gayle took him to speech. I took the younger three home, put Eli and Lily down for naps, and then Caleb and Gayle were back to grab Daisy  and hop in the van for Special Time with Grandmother. 

I had time to get dinner prepped, but just as I had finished and was finally laying down on the couch to rest, Eli woke up.
So we snuggled together on the couch.

Then Lily woke up, and everyone came home, and Gayle and I chatted until Chris got home, and then Chris spent some time with his mom. She left when dinner was ready, and after we ate dinner, we had a rare lazy evening together. Luckily, we also had some entertainment.
Isn't Lily funny in her striped shirt and flowered leggings? Don't you want to watch a video of her?


For reference, here is a link to a video of the actual song.
I love our girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment