September 26

I keep falling behind on the blog, but I promise I'm not quitting! It's just getting harder and harder to process the pictures every single night.

I was feeling frisky today and decided to take the kids to the Botanical Garden. It was a last-minute decision and we got a late start, so we had to be very particular about which parts of the garden we visited. The kids decided that feeding the fish in the Japanese Garden was the main priority, so we took the path through my favorite part of the garden (the English Woodland Garden) to get there.
The kids were all fascinated by the creek. This is one of the first times I have let Eli run around at the Garden, and I was honestly afraid he was going to climb in the water or jump off the bridge! He did great, though, and I love this picture of my four favorite little people at one of my favorite places.

No pictures of us feeding the fish because 4 children + a body of water = yikes. But they had so much fun! Daisy even felt bold enough to pet some of the fish, which she was really excited about. She said they felt slimy and soft and hard.

I asked Daisy if she wanted to take her picture on the daisy (or cherry blossom - whatever) and she quickly agreed. This was her pose.

Eventually I convinced her to show me a more conventional pose, too.

We found a quiet spot for a snack. (Definitely not a picnic, because picnics are against the rules. This was merely a snack. Obviously.)

It was lunchtime, though, so we had to book it out of the Garden. Unfortunately, we are at the farthest possible point from the entrance. Up Eli went onto my back, and off we hustled.

I am borrowing this Didymos Alpenglow from a friend, and it was so fun to wrap with! Also, I got my middle-marker dead centered, and Eli was high and tight. #winning
One child.

Two children.

Three children.

Four! (Of course, the fourth was feeling feisty, which is why she was the last one to join our selfie.) It was a lovely morning, and just what we all needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment