September 23

It's Friday! Hooray! 
I was feeling frisky this morning, so I decided to take all four kids to the Art Museum for the first time ever. I am ashamed to admit this, but it wasn't just the first time I took all four kids to the Art Museum; it was the first time I took any of my children to the Art Museum. For someone who loves art - and the Art Museum! - as much as I do, that's pretty sad. 

But we made up for lost time today! Caleb and Daisy are learning about medieval times and knights in Classical Conversations, so I took them to see the museum's galleries of medieval armor and weapons. They loved it! Then we moved on to mummies, and then on to the paintings.

The kids lasted about an hour, and did remarkably well, considering they weren't allowed to touch anything and I wasn't allowed to wear Eli on my back! This picture was taken right as we were about to leave. Can you tell they are feeling antsy and restless?

Caleb's favorite part was the weapons.
Daisy liked the paintings.
Lily liked the dishes and chairs, and wants to bring Daddy to the museum to show him the dishes and chairs.

Thankfully I planned ahead and packed a picnic lunch. We headed down to the Grand Basin and found a spot of shade for lunch.
(Don't worry, Mom. Eli can't fit between the columns and splash into the water below. I checked, and believe me, he tried. No babies got wet today.)

Isn't Lily's ensemble the cutest thing ever? She even asked to wear two bows in her hair - one red, one green. When we sat down for our picnic, she handed out plates and began dishing out food. This is her peeling clementines for her siblings. She is so sweet!

They really wanted to get in the water.

Picnic selfie!

On the way home, I looked back in my mirror at a stop light and saw this. I love all of my sleeping babies!

Once the little ones were down for naps, Daisy and I worked on a project. She and I picked up a set of ten beginner books at the library. I told her that when she had read all ten books to me, I would paint her fingernails. She started them yesterday, and read 6/10 to me. Today, she finished!
My very proud girl, with very pink fingernails.

Caleb was jealous, so when he completed two pages of 3-digit addition problems, I painted his nails, too. 
My only rule was "no pink", so he chose metallic blue.

After naps, we went outside to play and found that a field of mushrooms had sprouted in our back yard! 
Cool, huh?

The kids were fascinated! 


And Eli mowed the yard.

Then he noticed the mushrooms, too!

(Unfortunately, Caleb had already beaten most of the mushrooms into smithereens with his stick.) 
Goodness. Isn't he sweet?

I love Eli's face here - you can tell he thinks the mushrooms are kind of cool, and kind of gross.

Sweet baby!

1 comment: