September 22

Today was a gymnastics day!
I didn't take any pictures.

I did take a picture of this, though:
Sweet Lily, in her gymnastics leotard and striped socks, sitting in a Lily-sized chair, "reading" to herself. The kids are still on a post-library visit high, and I catch them reading almost every spare moment. It warms my cold, hard heart.

Also, this: 
Eli, asleep in my arms. This was moments before I laid him down in his crib. I don't usually take pictures like this because it's so dark in his room, but I am becoming more and more aware of how fleeting this time is. I won't always nurse my boy to sleep, or hold him in my arms and feel his solid warmth curled into me. So for now, I will treasure it!

I also treasure afternoon sunshine and my spunky girl, still in her gymnastics leotard.

She is something.

And he is colorful! Grandmother got him a plastic cap gun, and he is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment