June 28

Oh, these children.

Today was a good day. A really, really good day. No tantrums. Lots of accomplishments. Consecutive naps. Sunny dispositions. Sweet treats. A good day.

While we waited for Daddy to get home from work, I accidentally fed the kids dinner. It started as a snack, but they just kept eating...
Daisy thought it was funny to eat her foot. She also thought it was funny every time Caleb walked up, sniffed her foot, and said, "Pee-yew!"
Every. Time.

This boy took a four hour nap today. Perhaps that explains why I'm feeling so positive about the day?
I asked him to show me a smiley face, and this is what he gave me.

Daisy really likes ham.
I was cracking up at these kiddos!

Then Caleb decided to write on our chalkboard wall. This, he informed me, is a picture of Lightning McQueen's face. The pink is his face, and he is in the process of drawing Lightning's eyes.

Daisy saw what her brother was doing and had  to do it, too. Caleb gave her a lesson on the art of chalkboard drawing.

She's a quick study.

I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me.

Or this. Sharing the chalk, not fighting over it.

And this.
Do you see her little foot resting on his leg? Melts my heart.

My girl used all of the chalk and dumped the cup, looking for more.

Caleb: "Here, Baby Daisy! It's time to clean up! Let's clean up all of the chalk."
*sings a little clean-up song*

Seriously? Who is this child?

Then we watched a video on the computer. I follow the blog of a woman who has transplanted her family of eight to France for a year. They've created a kid-centric web TV show called "Olive Us", and Caleb loves it. Each episode is between 2 and 5 minutes long, and the most recent one was about visiting a French bakery. Caleb watched it three times. 

Happily, we have a  French bakery just down the street! After dinner we paid a visit, and Caleb even called out, "Bonjour!" as we entered.

Of all of the tasty gourmet treats, Caleb chose a white cupcake with white icing.
Why? 
The flag on top. That's my boy.


1 comment:

  1. Um, this is the cutest thing I have ever heard! OMG Bonjour?! LOL he is so smart and funny and polite and cute to daisy too! I CANT wait to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete