June 4

I got the date right today, but only because Emily reminded me that it is, in fact, now June. Seriously? It shouldn't be June yet.

But it is. And the kids and I celebrated a beautiful June day with a picnic in the front  yard. They're still sick,but definitely almost done with it. (Good thing, because I am absolutely done with it.) Daisy is still killing us with the three-hour screaming jags in the middle of the night, but other than that we're close to normal-cold level. And what makes colds better than fresh air and sunshine?

I finished reading Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood last week, and I'm totally into giving Caleb choices now. Today he chose whether we ate lunch inside or out, front yard or back, sunshine or shade. He also chose what we ate for lunch (crackers, peanut butter, oranges, string cheese, and cold water with no ice).

Daisy approved of his decisions.

The kids sat side-by-side on our blanket and waved at every passing car.

Caleb wrapped his arms and legs around Daisy and gave her a big hug, but she pushed him backwards and began tickling his toes. How funny is that?

See? This girl is clearly almost better. She is so cheerful because she has my phone in her hands - it's her new objet d'amour.

By the way, how are babies so bendy? When do we lose that trait? This was totally comfortable for her. (In case you're curious, she's pointing at a bird across the street and saying, "Buhr-dh".)

Daisy also spent quite a bit of lunchtime poking Caleb. She and I talk about body parts while I nurse her, and she's getting pretty good at them. She says, "Eeeh!" for ear, and looks for one on each side of the head.

Caleb was a remarkably good sport about all of the poking and prodding and tugging.

"Nuh! Nuh!" Yes, Daisy. It's  Caleb's nose.

And then my heart exploded.

I may need a reminder around 1 am, but right now I really, really love these kids.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE Love and Logic! Yay you for reading that book and going with it. Works so well for so many kiddos. Hope it works well for yours. :)

    And I also LOVE that your kiddos love each other so much. I think I could have written the same blog post you just did recently. I love how Allie turns your head around with her hand so she can see your other eeeh. When we talk about noses, though, she sniffs and crinkles her face all up instead of saying the word nose. Silly girl.

    Here's to finally having well kids and being able to really enjoy the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Those last shots of Caleb and Daisy are soo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaahhh!!!! Yeah I'm about to die right now! How sweet.

    ReplyDelete