June 3

What's this, you ask? 

Oh, nothing much. Just the moment right after MY BABY GIRL FINALLY PULLED UP TO STANDING FOR THE FIRST TIME!

I know, I know. She is thirteen months old tomorrow. Most children  her age are already walking independently. But my darling daughter is not "most children", and I am so excited for her!

Here's how it went down:
Chris was getting the kids ready for bathtime while I cleaned up dinner. I was bringing some dishes in from the patio when Chris started shouting, "Carrie! Carrie! Come now! NOW!"
I could hear the bath water running, and I was terrified that Daisy had slipped under the water or something terrible. (That's the only reason I didn't first grab my camera, I swear. Normally my philosophy is "Take a picture, THEN stop the nonsense." But when I think my baby is in danger, I will leave the camera behind. Really.)
I came barreling down the long hallway, expecting disaster, only to see DAISY STANDING UP AT THE EDGE OF THE TUB and Chris' triumphant grin. Yay, Daisy! She did it again, before our enthusiasm started to frighten her. I grabbed the camera, took a few shots, then realized it had no memory card. Crap! I ran back to grab a memory card, but the moment was over.

She did pull up on my leg a few times, too, but no pictures of that.

Caleb even got in on the excitement. Here he's trying to coax her into standing. It didn't work.

But she did it. My girl can finally pull up to standing! I had a dream the other night that she was walking. It looks like we're on the right track!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Daisy!! A milestone is a milestone no matter when it happens. =-)

    Sidenote: did you know the last 2 posts were titled as May? Silly girl it's JUNE now. :-)

    ReplyDelete