June 8

We had a wonderful last-minute surprise tonight when Chris' cousin Rob and his family stopped by for dinner on their way through town. Chris' Aunt Maggie was also in town, so we had a fun little dinner party!

Caleb and Daisy were excited to see everyone, so they were eager helpers in the kitchen.
Daisy is officially big enough to sit on the counter, but I don't trust her enough to ever stop paying attention. Still, it's really fun for her to be up there with her brother!

Sadly, I forgot to take many pictures of our evening. But one of the highlights (along with the great company, of course) was watching Caleb interact with his cousins (second cousins, really). 
Since Maggie is a GREAT aunt, she brought dessert. Caleb and Trey couldn't have been more pleased with Maggie's choices: a baseball for Caleb, firetrucks for Trey and his little brother Carson, and princess crowns for Daisy and Miss Mackenzie Mae.

These boys were so patient and obedient! They were ready to eat their cookies, but waited until I gave them the go-ahead.

Go!
Trey dug in, but Caleb took his time and examined his cookie first.

Yum!

Sorry. I don't think pictures of kids eating cookies ever get boring.

Isn't Mackenzie adorable? I love me some chunky babies. I wish Daisy would get the chubby baby message!

Caleb and Trey had a whole conversation about Trey's necklace, which was an alligator claw. I can't even begin to describe how much fun it is to watch my little boy have a conversation all by himself! I love it.

I also love how happy my kids are when they're with Maggie. We're pretty lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment