June 25

At 9:30 this morning, while I was putting Daisy down for her nap, the doorbell rang. After much debate, I set the girl down and ran to answer it. I was glad I did; it was the FedEx man, delivering my fancy new camera.
I ordered it Friday afternoon.
It came Monday morning.
It was free shipping.
That's how I like my online shopping to go!

I resisted the temptation to tear open the box then and there, and instead returned to the girl's room to actually get her down for a nap. Then I spent the rest of the day playing.

I have to say - I expected to see a giant leap in the quality of my photos. But of the 31 random, haphazard pictures I took today, I don't see much of a difference.
I love my crisp, gigantic new LCD screen; I love the fact that my ISO goes up to 6400 now.

Mostly, I'm trusting that as I learn to use this shiny new camera, I'll gradually discover new ways to improve my photography. But as a very wise friend once told me, "It's the injun, not the arrow." He's right.

But boy do I love my fancy new arrow!

(I have no justification for this photo; it just made me laugh.)
(The girl woke from her morning nap with a temp of 102.8 Some pain reliever brought it back down, and it didn't go back up. Here's hoping it was just a fluke.)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! So fun! (the camera, not the fluke fever). When I was looking for a camera, I thought the high ISO was a key feature, but NONE of the pictures that I love were taken with a high ISO. It's a nice emergency feature for when you have absolutely no choice about the time/location/light but the event warrants pictures, but they're not going to be great. The best pictures are properly lit - no getting around it. The thing I was happiest to learn on my camera is how to use the different focus modes, particularly the auto servo mode for when the kids are in motion (because manually focusing on them in motion is impossible in my opinion) and how to choose and quickly change a specific focal point to pinpoint the focus exactly where I want it in pictures with shallow depth of field. Not that it always works in practice, but knowing how to set up the camera is a start. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that first pic... oh my. i just love to look at daisy!

    ReplyDelete